Updated: Jun 2, 2021
If you are thinking about selling your home, its is advisable to get it ready before it goes to the market, so you sell it fast, for maximum profit, and if possible, with multiple offers.
Here are some tips to prepare your house and make it look like a million bucks!
• Clear all unnecessary objects from furniture throughout the house.
• Remove or rearrange some of the furniture in your home. Some times home owners have too much furniture in a room. Make the rooms appear larger.
• Clear all unnecessary objects from the kitchen countertops. Clear refrigerator of notes, magnets, pictures, etc.
• In the bathroom, remove any unnecessary items from the countertops, tub, shower stall and commode top.
• Take down, reduce, or rearrange pictures and objects on walls. Patch and paint all walls, if necessary.
• Review the house interior, room by room, and:
1. Paint any room needing paint.
2. Clean carpet and draperies that need it.
3. Clean windows.
• If you need room to store extra possessions use the garage or rent a storage unit.
• Go around the perimeter of the house and move all garbage cans, discarded wood scraps, extra building materials, etc., to the garage or, if applicable, take them to the dump.
• Check gutters and roof for dry rot and moss. Make sure they are swept & cleaned.
• Remove any dead plants, weed all planting areas
• Keep your lawn freshly cut
• Clear patios or decks of all small items, such as little planters, flower pots, charcoal, barbeques, toys, etc.
• Check the condition of the paint on your home, especially the trim and the front door. The ﬁrst impression, or ‘curb appeal,’ is very important.
Enrique Hurtado is an experienced Real Estate Agent with Reliant Realty ERA Powered, he is also a Professional Stager, and home flipper. Contact him at (615) 720 -7803 should you have questions about selling your house or how to stage your property for maximum return on investment.